[ic] I apologize for this being so basic

Geoff Staples interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Jun 20 13:48:00 2003

We are new to Interchange and I am having a basic problem. I can't seem to find any resources for getting questions answered that are also fully searchable so that I'm not bugging people with questions that have been answered a zillion times. Is there a bulletin board anywhere or is this mail list the only option?

For example, I can't  find the information I need on the following items which should be pretty simple to find. I know this has to be very simple, but, I can't seem to figure out 2 basic items. I find lots of references, but, not the one line that says "go here to do this".

1. How do I set up attributes such as color or size for inventory items? How do I set up attributes once so that they can be re-used for many inventory items without having to redefine the attributes individually for each inventory item?

2. Where is the integration point for a custom payment processor? For example, I have customers who need PayPal IPN, PayPal subscriptions, Echo, recording of credit card information for batch processing, and several other requirements. I've found the place in the administration area where you can specify parameters for credit card processing. But, I don't see how to add my own payment processing module.

If you're not laughing too hard at my stupidity, perhaps you could point me in the right direction!

Thanks,

Geoff