[ic] reverse text2html filter for easier editing

SofaKingRotten interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Jun 23 00:47:01 2003

Hello,

I use the text2html filter in IC4.8.5. In the Admin
--> Customer edit area (flex_editor.html) I use the
'text2html' filter for a textarea field. It works
good, filtering out carriage returns and line feeds.
What I would now like to do now is 'reverse' filter
this field when the data is redisplayed for editing
again, changing the <br> and <p> back to carriage
return or line feed, making for a better visual
display.

Is there a html2text filter? If so, how would I apply
this in the admin within the flex_editor page? Would I
have to create a special widget with a filter built-in
or something like that? I've tried grepping for
'text2html' and have also searched through
/ic/lib/UI/usertag/filters.tag but haven't come up
with something that has been done already.

I will likely use these same ideas to 'reverse' the
text2html filter from within a standard form input in
a web page, so users can edit their own data online.

Thanks for any pointers. And this great software.

SKR