[ic] Static pages to boost performance

Steve interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Jun 23 21:34:00 2003

I've been suffering extremely poor performance from my Interchange store
http://www.smssat.biz - around 1 request/sec!  Okay, so my system specs
aren't great (300Mhz CPU, 128Mb RAM), but Apache can serve at least 45 PHP
pages/sec on the same machine.

But before you all tell me to buy a new server, perhaps you could suggest
how
I could generate a static (ie. Apache-served) version of my shop ;-)

So, I put the following in my catalog.cfg:

Static  Yes
StaticLogged    Yes
StaticAll       Yes
StaticDBM       static
StaticDepth     4
StaticDir       /home/sites/site24/web/static
StaticFly       Yes
StaticPath      http://www.smssat.biz/static

Then I clicked the "Generate Static" button in the admin interface, and
voila,
some files appeared in the directory specified above.  Now what?

Jon

Do your expire the old sessions?
http://www.icdevgroup.org/i/doc/wiki/AdvExpiringSessions.html

This can be a big drag on interchange if there are too many....

Here is what is in my cron file:

45 3 * * * find /home/iccat/interchange/locks/tmp -mtime +3 -type f | xargs
rm -fv
44 4 * * * find /home/iccat/interchange/locks/session -mtime +3 -type f |
xargs rm -fv
3

You might search for "performance" on the icdevgroup.org

-Steve