[ic] Shipping Method Problem - please read.

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jun 25 14:15:01 2003

Greg O'Brien said:
> I'm sending this e-mail out in hopes of getting an answer
> to a problem we are currently having with our Interchange
> v4.8 store.
>
> Recently the hard drive on the company's web server went
> "south" and the OS (OpenBSD) as well as interchange had to
> be re-installed.  We pulled an old backup of the store and
> put it on the server.  Everything is working correctly
> except for one thing.
>
> And that is ....
>
> You can not select a shipping method (UPS Ground, 2nd day,
> etc) for orders that originate from the United States.
> There is nothing contained in the drop down box for
> "shipping method"
>
> If you switch to Canada or another country you can select
> shipping methods from the drop down box, but then, when you
> try to actually place the order (for Canada or another
> country), the order form is re-displayed to you with the
> message "Nothing to ship" in it.
>
> If you try and finalize the order (originating from the US)
> you get the order form again, and it wants you to select a
> shipping method, but you can't (as mentioned above) because
> there is nothing contained in the drop down box for
> shipping methods.
>
> I have looked through directory for all of the .txt and
> .asc files and as far as I can see everything is there for
> UPS rates for the US and Canada, and international.
>
> For a better example, you can go to
> http://store.learningservicesinc.com
>
> And select any product and try to place an order via p.o.
> (the problem happens with both p.o.'s and credit cards)
> You'll see what I am talking about .......
>
> If anyone has any suggestions, thoughts, or comments, I
> would greatly appreciate it.

Can you run makecat and install a test catalog, and does the cat
perform as expected? If you can, then you likely have a problem with
your re-installed cat. If you can't, then look at the OS, perl, or
other modules, likely you will find a message in a log file somewhere,
too. Post your errors here for best results. Search the archives, too.

By the way, the results page also has problems, as I could not put an
item into the cart unless I went to flypage.

Good luck!

Curt Hauge

// Web Design - Interchange Hosting - Small Business Consulting //
// 1644 133rd Ln NE                         www.mnwebdesign.com //
// Ham Lake, MN 55304                  www.iwantaconsultant.com //
// Phone 612-598-5530                      info@mnwebdesign.com //