[ic] Assign IC variable to another....

Kevin Old interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Mar 3 13:04:01 2003

Hello all,

How do I do something like this with interchange:

$larry = $bob;

Here's a little more incite into what I'm trying to do.  In the cart
component there is a variable "subtotal".  I would like to pull this
variable into any page, but I want to display the value it before the
cart module would even be executing it.  I can do this by the following,
but am not sure on one or two steps:

User places items in cart.  Clicks "buy now".
Cart page displays - subtotal variable is set.  I'd like to assign it to
a variable on the session so that on the next page I can call the
session variable and have it display the "subtotal".

To set the variable I've tried(in the component cart):
....snip
[seti topsubtotal][value subtotal][/seti]
....snip

To display it, I've tried:

[if scratch topsubtotal]
        Subtotal:&nbsp;[scratch topsubtotal]
[else]
        Subtotal:&nbsp;$0.00
[/else]
[/if]

I've also tried setting it to scratch, but don't have that code.  Can
anyone show me syntax?  I'm a Perl programmer too so if it's easier to
do it that way, just show me syntax.

Thanks,
Kevin

--