[ic] Problem Solved [Fwd: Urgent GDBM.pm problem.]

Mark Stangroom interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Mar 5 06:52:00 2003

I've solved this problem. The permissions on the interchange home
directory had been changed!

Thanks to anyone who tried to help.

Mark

-----Forwarded Message-----

From: Mark Stangroom <m.stangroom@uea.ac.uk>
To: interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Subject: Urgent  GDBM.pm problem.
Date: 05 Mar 2003 11:39:27 +0000

I've been happily running interchange for a couple of months now. My
server crashed this morning and when I rebooted it i get the following
message

Interchange V4.8.6
Configuring catalog merchandise...merchandise config error: Could not
tie to '/home/interchange/catalogs/merchandise/products/variable.gdbm':
Permission denied at /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/GDBM.pm line
115, <CONFIG> line 9.

I have three catalogs and all three give the same message. nothing has
changed as far as i'm aware.

I've tried restoring from backup, but this doesn't help.

After searching the news group i have changed the permissions on the
/usr/local/interchange directory to the interchange user & group but
still no luck.

The log files do not tell me anything.

Can anyone help?

Thanks