[ic] Redirection of domain name

Andrew Rich interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Mar 5 21:59:00 2003

IC 4.8.7
RH 7.2 with Apache

I tried the ReWrite lines in the httpd.conf as indicated in the hyperlink
below the Customer site was fine and would appear with just the
www.domain.com but the admin pages pages .../cgi-bin/admin/index.html has
images not appearing problems.

Is this a permissions problems or a location problem.

If location the where should these files (interchange/en_US/*) be located
now.

> > I need to have a simple domain name for my clients to use, such as
> > shop.mydomain.com
> > and I want to redirect that to
> > shop.mydomain.com/cgi-bin/myshop
> > because the latter is a lot harder for clients to remember.
> >
> > I have tried putting a redirect in apache in the virtual host
> > configuration for shop.mydomain.com such as
> > redirect permanent / http://shop.mydomain.com/cgi-bin/myshop/
> > but that doesn't work as it continually loops until apache
> decides that
> > there are too many redirects.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
>
> I'm use this technique for getting rid of the cgi-bin/myshop
> part. Works
> really nice! :-)
>
> http://www.icdevgroup.org/i/doc/wiki/FaqUsingInterchangeWithAp
ache.html