Betr.: [ic] MySQL installsample 4.8.7

J van Dijk 'BV Kunststoffenindustrie Attema' interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Mar 13 08:00:59 2003

>>> retief@larp.com 13-3-03 0:51:15 >>>
Okay -- So I figured out my first problem -- for some reason CPAN (or
the
base Perl install) didn't have the directory permissions set
correctly.  (rwx------ instead of rwxr-xr-x or r--r--r--)  So I got
that
worked out.

The next challenge I'm having is when I run the bin/makecat program it
goes
through, creates the database, but isn't loading the data into my MySQL

Database.

I checked user permissions and the user I'm using for MySQL database
(test_foundation) and everything seems to be set up correctly.  (I've
tried
finding documentation on-line and searching through the archives, but I

haven't found anything addressing this particular issue.  (I also tried
find some type of SQL load statement in installsample so I maybe could

manually load the data, or at least create the tables for the
database)

As far as I know doesn't load makecat any data into a mysql database,
it only creates the db.
We manually(command-line)  load article-related data into a mysql
database.

Jan