[ic] Empty search returns all products

Caleb Groom interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Mar 17 12:10:01 2003

I've looked around on other sites that are running Interchange and I noticed
that anytime you do an empty search you receive all of their product
listings.

I'm thinking that this probably doesn't help with user at all.  What file
should I edit to disallow blank searches?

I found the mv_max_matches variable in the documentation but I don't believe
that's what I'm needing here.  If a customer searches for 'foo' and we have
3500 foo products than I guess he should get them all.  What I'm trying to
prevent is a customer from searching for '' and getting 6000 results.