[ic] RedHat RPM problems with Interchange/apt-get

Joshua Frank interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Mar 18 01:46:01 2003

When I install Interchange I get this.

rpm -ivh interchange-4.8.7-1.i386.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
        perl-Business-UPS is needed by interchange-4.8.7-1
        perl-Digest-MD5 is needed by interchange-4.8.7-1
        perl-MIME-Base64 is needed by interchange-4.8.7-1
        perl-Safe-Hole is needed by interchange-4.8.7-1
        perl-SQL-Statement is needed by interchange-4.8.7-1
        perl-Storable is needed by interchange-4.8.7-1
        perl-libnet is needed by interchange-4.8.7-1

First I went to cpan.org and download the missing modules and made them,
but still got the same error.
OK so I search through the mail archive and somebody suggests to try and
download the perl rpm modules and install them using --justdb to let the
rpm database know that I have them. Well this lets Interchange install
without any problems until I try to update my system using apt-get update;
apt-get upgrade.
Now when I want to use apt-get to upgrade I need to uninstall Interchange
then run apt-get then reinstall. I could write a script to do that but
doing so would make me sad :(.
Does anyone have a better solution? I would love to see interchange end up
on  a sources list for apt-get/rpm.