[ic] RedHat RPM problems with Interchange/apt-get

Stefan Hornburg interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Mar 18 05:29:00 2003

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 19:13:51 +1100 (EST)
Howard Lowndes <lannet@lannet.com.au> wrote:

> They might be in the 5.6.0 perl directory or 5.6.1.  It depends on what
> your base Perl installation is...I think.
>
> On Tue, 18 Mar 2003, Joshua Frank wrote:
>
> > When I install Interchange I get this.
> >
> > rpm -ivh interchange-4.8.7-1.i386.rpm
> > error: Failed dependencies:
> >         perl-Business-UPS is needed by interchange-4.8.7-1
> >         perl-Digest-MD5 is needed by interchange-4.8.7-1
> >         perl-MIME-Base64 is needed by interchange-4.8.7-1
> >         perl-Safe-Hole is needed by interchange-4.8.7-1
> >         perl-SQL-Statement is needed by interchange-4.8.7-1
> >         perl-Storable is needed by interchange-4.8.7-1
> >         perl-libnet is needed by interchange-4.8.7-1
> >
> > First I went to cpan.org and download the missing modules and made them,
> > but still got the same error.
> > OK so I search through the mail archive and somebody suggests to try and
> > download the perl rpm modules and install them using --justdb to let the
> > rpm database know that I have them. Well this lets Interchange install
> > without any problems until I try to update my system using apt-get update;
> > apt-get upgrade.
> > Now when I want to use apt-get to upgrade I need to uninstall Interchange
> > then run apt-get then reinstall. I could write a script to do that but
> > doing so would make me sad :(.

apt-get on RedHat ? I know that apt-get interchange works pretty good on
Debian, but I doubt you get the same results on RPM base distributions.

Bye
	Racke