[ic] simple search omission

Caleb Groom interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Mar 18 14:31:01 2003

Actually, I've tried changing my search terms to uppercase with no luck.

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@icdevgroup.org
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@icdevgroup.org]On Behalf Of Kevin Old
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 11:07 AM
To: Interchange Users
Subject: Re: [ic] simple search omission

On Tue, 2003-03-18 at 10:24, Caleb Groom wrote:
> I have an item with the SKU of 05738AG.
> http://estore.hhhenterprises.com/cgi-bin/hhhstore/05738AG.html
>
> It's description is "ZEBRA,EA".  However, when I use the standard search
for
> "zebra" or "zebra,ea" I cannot get this item to return.  Each search finds
> other zebra items but this one item is always left out.
>
> Any hints?

Try using the mv_case option explicitly in the search criteria, even
though it says that the default is "No".

<snip from icdatabase.pod>

mv_case
If this item is set to No, the search will return items without
regard to upper or lower case. This is the default. Set to Yes if
case should be matched. Implement with a checkbox <INPUT
TYPE=CHECKBOX> field.

If stacked to match the mv_search_field and mv_searchspec vari-
ables, and mv_coordinate is set, it will operate only for the cor-
responding field.

<end snip>

The two letter abbreviation (also found in icdatabase.pod) is "cs".

HTH,

Kevin

--
Kevin Old <kold@carolina.rr.com>