[ic] Item - Option Weights Not Adding!

Charles Adams interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Mar 19 16:22:00 2003

I am using IC 4.9.3-200211090658 on a Red Hat 4.2 server

I have a cart built using simple options and have edited the options weights
and prices to be "non-zero" for every option.  The item options show up in
drop down boxes on the cart and checkout pages, and the "configured" item's
cost increases as options & features are selected, but the configured item's
weight in not increased accordingly.  I've read the mail-list,
http://www.interchangeville.com and http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/ till
I'm blue... but to no avail.

Question #1:  Can adding option weights be made to work for "simple"
options?  If so, how?
Question #2:  If not, can Perl be inserted in the page to calculate the
option weight - if so are there examples?
Question #3:  If not, should I consider moving to modular options?  Will
weights work there?

The cart can be found at
http://www.aboveboardmfg.com/~aboveboa/cgi-bin/cart.cgi/index.html

Thanks in advance.