[ic] Remap database fields

Joshua Lavin interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Mar 20 09:33:00 2003

On Thursday, March 20, 2003, at 07:21  AM, DB wrote:

>> I need Interchange to pull it's product list from a 3rd party program.
>> This program stores the product database in MySQL and the naming
>> scheme is
>> a little different. Is there any way to remap a database field in the
>> catalog.cfg file or any where else for that matter. Example, I would
>> like
>> to have Interchange treat the Field psku in the Products table of the
>> mysql database as SKU.
>> Joshua Frank
>
> There may be better ways, but writing a perl script to read the 3rd
> party products table and write to a table or flatfile that IC can use
> would be pretty simple.

My products database doesn't look anything like the IC default. The
only fields I had to remap are the sku, description, and price. Make
your sku field the first column, and that's done. For the other 2, I
did this in catalog.cfg:

DescriptionField        FullDescription
PriceField      RetailPrice

This is documented in the icconfig file.

Josh