[ic] testing to see if IC server is responding

Fri Mar 21 10:50:01 2003

Quoting Jeff Dafoe (jeff@badtz-maru.com):
> Hello,
>
>     I don't think I have seen this mentioned here before.  What would be the
> most effective way of seeing if the IC server is responding to incoming
> connections?  I am having an intermittent issue where requests handled by
> mod_interchange/interchange "queue" on the web server and sit until I
> restart apache.  Static content is still served fine at first, although this
> rapidly stops once apache reaches its maxclients setting.  The first thing I
> want to determine is whether or not IC is responding to requests when this
> issue occurs.

If you run in INET mode as well as UNIX mode (you can do it only on
localhost with "TcpMap  127.0.0.1:7786 -") then you can see if IC
is accepting connections. This says it is alive; if you are running
in PreFork mode you can be confident it will process requests.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

I am a great believer in luck, and I find that the harder I work
the more luck I have. -- Thomas Jefferson