[ic] testing to see if IC server is responding

Rene Hertell interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Mar 22 02:15:01 2003

> Hello,
>
>     I don't think I have seen this mentioned here before.  What
> would be the
> most effective way of seeing if the IC server is responding to incoming
> connections?  I am having an intermittent issue where requests handled by
> mod_interchange/interchange "queue" on the web server and sit until I
> restart apache.  Static content is still served fine at first,
> although this
> rapidly stops once apache reaches its maxclients setting.  The
> first thing I
> want to determine is whether or not IC is responding to requests when this
> issue occurs.

You could do it with Nagios (http://www.nagios.org), or former know as
Netsaint. That lets you monitor whatever  you want. It requests an ic-page,
looks for a particular string and makes an alert if it fails.

It's a great tool to check if something on your network stops responding.

Regards,

René