[ic] mod_interchange is very impressive

Aaron Hazelton interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Mar 25 10:14:01 2003

Hi All,

I have been debating for a little while on what to do
to get rid of the slightly tacky 'cgi-bin' url's and also
hopefully get google to index an ic site better.  I was
doing some testing with rewrites and then found the
info on mod_interchange.  Still being somewhat green
on server modifications, etc it took a little education
on my part.

However, now that I have it set up, I just wanted
to say that whoever wrote that needs to be
congratulated again.  This makes for a very
impressive and streamlined ic setup.  It combines
well with any rewrites that you need to do, as well.
I just did some rewrites to show permanent redirects
for all cgi-bin urls so that the person is taken to the
same page on the new url.

When you know what to do, it is really quite easy,
I will never go the route of rewrites or cgi link
programs again, since this is so sweet.

BTW, it took a small amount of trial and error due
to my lack of knowledge, but all of the info needed
is out there and documented - for those skeptics.

Anyways, thanks again for mod_interchange...

--
Aaron