[ic] What version to install on a new server (currently running 4.8.6)

NOW Website Coordinator interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Mar 26 16:09:32 2003

We are switching from Solaris to Linux, so I'll have an non-production
server as I get the new one up to speed.

I don't want to take forever reinstalling Interchange because we are going
to be paying for two servers at once, but I wanted to hear whether people
thought it was a good time to upgrade to ... 4.95 or 4.96.  Or will there
be enough headaches that I should just go with 4.87?

Did that inactive field ever get implemented in the foundation demo?  And
the best-sellers and others who bought don't seem to work for me now in 4.8.6

Did the PGP (not just GPG) bug get fixed?  I saw a note about a temporary
patch for GPG, but we're using PGP.

For some reason, code gets written to my databases, like this in userdb:
      'q
       'quantity' => '1',ts',
       'colority' => '2',,s',
       'gide' => 'MS-CAD',s', => [
       'code' => 'BS-oducts',
       'gide' => 'BS-EM',ts',
       'gift_cert' => '',ts',
       'quat_cert' => '',ts',
       'quantity' => ''',,s',
     },'quantity' => '1',',',
       'quantity' => '1',ts',
       'price_grou=> '1',ts',

which is a pain to have to clean up.  Anyone have this problem and then did
it go away with the 4.9 series?

Thanks in advance.