[ic] referential integrity/table constraints? - 4.8.6 and 4.9.5 for postgresql

Andrew C. interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Mar 27 09:37:00 2003

March 27, 2003

Hello icdevgroup.  I was just wondering if there is a way to enforce
referential integrity in interchange databases if I am using Postgresql
with Interchange 4.8.6 and also 4.9.5?  Can foreign keys be used and if
so how are they declared in the table configuration files in /dbconf/

Would I just have to run the sql statements after the postgres database
I am using with IC has built the table from the text table definition
files in /dbconf?

I am also slightly confused on table relationships in postgres?  I
thought setting up primary/foreign key relationships would enforce
referential integrity?  Where do Reference Constraints and Constraint
Triggers come into play and how do they differ?

Thanks for the assistance.

Andrew