[ic] cpanel issue for shopping cart "interchange"

dz-mtspring interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat May 3 23:38:01 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rob Robertson" <rob_illinois@yahoo.com>
To: <interchange-users@icdevgroup.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 03, 2003 5:33 PM
Subject: Re: [ic] cpanel issue for shopping cart "interchange"

> --- Jon <prtyof5@attglobal.net> wrote:
> > Rob Robertson wrote:
> >
> > >  I have confirmed the deletion of the cart.cgi
> > file.
> > > When I goto www.mysite.com/cart  page can not be
> > found
> > > error 404. Should I tell them to re install the
> > > default demo? This is what I had before and was
> > > working with "The foundation store".
> > >

> >     Sounds like your problem could be one of two
> > things. Either your
> > cart isn't being rebuilt or your not getting to the
> > cart which should be
> >
> > something like
> >
> http://www.mysite.biz/~mysite/cgi-bin/cart.cgi/index.html.
> > Do this...  After the host "resets" the cart verify
> > everything has been
> > deleted including cgi-bin/cart.cgi. If that is still
> > there then the cart
> > create
> > will not happen.  I would verify what you have via
> > SSH/Telnet every
> > step of the way. If you don't have SSH/Telnet then
> > no sense proceeding
> > further.  Then use the cPanel option to create the
> > cart.  You should
> > then
> > be able to access your cart, but if not look and see
> > what has/hasn't
> > been
> > created.   If you're still not working post back
> > with specific
> > information
> > of what you do/don't have and what has/hasn't
> > happened.
> >
> > Jon
> >

> Ok, I have verified that all has been deleted
> including cart.cgi. I have gone to cpanel and click to
> recreate the cart. It creates a cart.cgi file in
> cgi-bin and that is it. Before there was a cart folder
> and I would goto www.mysite.com/cart and get the
> default store foundation page click on admin login and
> then edit the site. But now nothing.

1. url to your admin interface:

http://www.your-domain.com/~your-userid/cgi-bin/cart.cgi/admin/login.html

url to your cart home page

http://www.your-domain.com/~your-userid/cgi-bin/cart.cgi

2. The dirs created by interchange under cpanel:

/home/your-userid/catalogs/your-userid    (this is the main dir for your
cart)
/home/your-userid/www/cart                    (include a navigating index
page and images)
/home/your-userid/www/cart/images         (all images go here)

the link cgi:
/home/your-userid/www/cgi-bin/cart.cgi

3. To rebuilt your cart

a) rename the above dirs as backup for your previous work
b) remove the link cgi
c) reinstall interchange from cpanel
d) copy useable previous work from the backup made in step a)

For renaming your dir, you can do through cpanel's file management, or ftp,
or ssh. If you are not familiar with ssh's liine command, I would suggest
you to use cpanel or ftp.

David
http://www.msihosting.com
Expert -- ecommerce solution, interchange hosting