[ic] four years behind

Birgitt Funk interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun May 4 14:29:00 2003

Just a small advice, if you don't mind.

Can someone tell me, if it makes sense to keep tons of printed documentation
from version IC 8.1 and before, if I want to build a small site with the
latest version? I haven't followed IC for over three years aside from
occasionally downloading documentation and making inappropriate remarks. I
also stopped doing this around 2000, I think. I have RedHat 7.2 and don't
intend to pay anything to upgrade.

Which version of IC and RH together should I use to get into the least
trouble? Do I need to discard old documentation and should I start
completely from scratch with the latest stable distribution or are the
changes minor and can safely fall back and use on older documentation?

Birgitt