[ic] Static Pages

Stefan Hornburg interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon May 5 12:13:12 2003

On Mon, 5 May 2003 23:56:03 +0800
"Matthew Parrett" <mparrett@holystuff.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to build static pages for Search Engine submissions.  I haven't
> seen too many posts in the archives but if you know of one that is helpful
> to me.  Please direct me.
>
> I have StaticFly set to Yes.  I have tried index as the entry page and
> flypage as the entry page.  Selecting various pages to build including
> index, results and flypage.  It seems to only build the items that it finds
> on the index page as static pages and even then those flypages are blank.

As you already noticed, the static page building in Interchange has many
flaws. The ICDEVGROUP will remove this feature from Interchange 4.9.x, because
it is partially obsoleted by the robot configuration directives and no
one is willing to maintain the code.

If there is enough interest and funds to resurrect this feature, one
member of the ICDEVGROUP probably will reimplement it as Interchange job.

With regards
	Racke