[ic] matrix options problems

Mon May 5 18:19:01 2003

Quoting Jim Boyer (boyerj@wsu.edu):
>  > Message: 25
>  > Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 11:54:09 -0400
>  > From: Mike Heins <mike@perusion.com>
>  > To: interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
>  > Subject: Re: [ic] matrix options problems
>

>  > Quoting Jim Boyer (boyerj@wsu.edu):
>  >  >  >Quoting Jim Boyer (boyerj@wsu.edu):
>  >  >  >> I am trying to get matrix options working with sku's in the products
>  >  >  >> database.  I have read and read and tried many different
> variations, but
>  >  >  >> nothing seems to work.  Here is my last attempt in modifying the
> options
>  >  >  >> table.  I turned the table sideways to fit in the email.  The first
>  > part is
>  >  >  >> the IC setup that works with it's own code.  The second I change the
>  > code
>  >  >  >> field to point to a sku in the products table.  The first one works
>  > fine,
>  >  >  >> but when I change the codes I do not get a select list.  These are
>  > the only
>  >  >  >> fields that are not empty in the options table.
>  >  >  >>
>  >  >  >> I have read that people have got this working, but I am sure missing
>  >  >  >> something here.  I am running with RH 7.3, MySQL 3.23.54, IC
> 4.9.7, perl
>  >  >  >> 5.6.1 .
>  >  >  >
>  >  >  >

>  >
>  > You can't just create arbitrary part numbers with that option type
>  > unless you get it precisely right and you make sure you set the
>  > display_type field in options to "one".
>  >
>  >
>  > Can you look at the os28066 example in foundation/products/variants.txt and
>  > foundation/products/options.txt and emulate that?
>  >

> The difference between the example os28066 in the demo store and what
> I am trying to do is the demo store does not reference back to
> individual items in the products table. For example, there is not a
> sku in the products table for the wood handle versus the ebony handle.
> My requirement is that different sizes of shirts will all have
> different and actual real sku's in the product table.
>
> I guess I need to somehow figure out how to translate the variant
> value to a real sku in the product table.

That is the whole point of the "variants" table. It *is* a product
table -- a separate table where individual variants of one base
product that is in the products table are located.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

I am a great believer in luck, and I find that the harder I work
the more luck I have. -- Thomas Jefferson