[ic] install Bindle::Interchange problems

localhost interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon May 5 20:25:01 2003

Rene Hertell wrote:
>>Hi,
>>
>>I have RH9, so I am using all tarball installations of perl and
>>interchange.
>>
>>Everything went fine until I ran:
>>
>>perl -MCPAN -e 'install Bundle::Interchange'
>>
>>Lots of fun good stuff happened, and then at the end, this:
>

> Did you install perl in a different location? Then you should check this
> types of documents:
> http://www.cpan.org/misc/cpan-faq.html#How_use_private
>
> I found once a really great "howto" site that discussed
> paralell-installation of different perl-versions, but I can't find that link
> anymore..
>
> Rene

I hope not, I didn't intend to. as root, I just un-installed all the
perl rpm's then installed perl from the sorce with most all the
defaults. the FAQ looks vdry handy, do you know a way I can find out if
my perl and mods are NOT private?

Also, I got that same error when I installed:
perl -MCPAN -e 'install LWP::Simple'

thanks
Rick