[ic] Controlling checkout.html shipping method selections

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue May 6 13:06:00 2003

At 05:48 PM 5/5/2003 +0100, you wrote:

>OK it looks like I spoke too soon and you're right Ed.....
>
>If the order total was pushed over the limit for a shipping method by a
>recalculate, if the shipping method chosen before the recalculate became
>unavailable as a result of the recalculate, the 0.00 value appeared whilst
>the shipping methods drop down would be correctly populated.
>
>I tested this many times yesterday and really thought I'd solved it, but
>it appears it doesn't want to play today.
>
>I'm wondering if it's worth putting some additional code on checkout.html
>could see if there was a valid shipping method available and then do an
>auto refresh/recalculate of the page if the value of shipping is 0.00?

You would not need to refresh, you could just do something like this near
the top of checkout.html:

[tmp shipcost][shipping noformat=1][/tmp]
[if scratch shipcost == 0]
         [value name=mv_shipmode set="some_mode" hide=1]
[/if]

...where 'some_mode' is a valid mode for the current customer which will
return a non-zero shipping cost. As long as this is done before the cart
display and [shipping] tag, you will see a sane display. This whole thing
is a bit of a kludge, but sometimes that is all that is needed.
Unfortunately with shipping the criteria is also the qualifier on a
per-mode basis, unless that has been enriched in the 4.9 dev tree, which is
something that I have admittedly fallen behind on.

- Ed L.