[ic] Shipping woes

Andy Mayer interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed May 7 05:01:01 2003

On Wed, 2003-05-07 at 09:40, Jamie Neil wrote:
> Andy Mayer wrote
> > I have decided to make all prices stored in the products and shipping
> > table to be *inclusive* of VAT. I have then used code to display the VAT
> > element of the prices at checkout as follows.
>
> I considered doing this, but thought I'd run into too many problems - maybe
> in hindsight...
>
> I think one of the reasons I discounted it was that although the primary
> customer base for out shop is going to be the UK (where VAT is always
> included in customer prices), we also want to attract european customers.
> This makes it useful to show price inclusive _and_ exclusive  of VAT.

Hmmm... now you've go me worrying about European customers. I guess the
best way of dealing with this is to use a display locale as Mr Heins
suggested here:

http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2003-May/033108.html

I haven't tried this yet, but if anybody else has, please post your
experiences here.

Andy.