[ic] migrating issues

localhost interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed May 7 09:13:01 2003

Hi,

I am migrating a catalog from 4.6 to 4.8.7, and I am also changing the
type of database from text, to mysql.  So far most everything went fine,
except to 2 problems. One is that for some reason, my old products.txt
will not work.

this is my error, when I restart with the products.txt file from the old
catalog.

Configuring catalog javahut...Using MySQL,
DSN=dbi:mysql:javahut...unable to create test table:
create table products (
sku char(64) NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
description VARCHAR(128) NOT NULL,
group char(128),
category VARCHAR(64) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
cat_sort char(128),
comment TEXT,
image_thumb char(128),
image_sml char(128),
image_lrg char(128),
unit char(128),
price DECIMAL(12,2) NOT NULL,
wholesale char(128),
weight VARCHAR(12) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
gift_cert VARCHAR(3)
)

Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'group char(128),
category VARCHAR(64) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
cat_sort char(128),
c' at line 4
table 'products' failed: No database object for table: products

Probable mismatch of Database directive to database type,
for example calling DBI without proper modules or database
access.

javahut config error: products not a database, cannot use as products file

javahut: error in configuration. Skipping.
javahut: config error. Skipping.

The other problem, is that if I use the products.txt file from the
makecat, (which works) it seems slo to restart only on this catalog,
i.e. when I restart interchange, it hangs a bit longer on:
Configuring catalog javahut...Using MySQL, DSN=dbi:mysql:javahut...done.
than on other catalogs.
and when I try to use "Apply Changes" in the UI it always times out.

Anybody know what might be going on?

thanks
Rick