[ic] RobotUA log?

Stefan Hornburg interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri May 9 15:58:00 2003

On Fri, 9 May 2003 12:24:24 -0700
"Grant" <listbox@email.com> wrote:

> When I add a new entry to the RobotUA directive in interchange.cfg, I
> always try to figure out if the entry might cause the disabling of
> sessions for a non-robot UA.  That would certainly be a bad thing and
> seems worthwhile to watch out for.
>
> Is there any kind of a log anywhere in IC that allows you to see a
> list of the UAs that have triggered the RobotUA functionality?

You can do the following to add this to your Apache log file:

1) add Interchange's idea of a robot to usertracking:
$Tag->usertrack('ROBOT', $CGI->{mv_tmp_session})

2) make it visible in the log files:
LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\"
%T %v \"%{X-Track}o\"" track
CustomLog /whereever/log track

Now you can easily see the dependency between UserAgent, IP and non
session in the Apache log.

Bye
	Racke

Interchange Development Team