[ic] Merchandising and orderline

Fri May 9 20:38:01 2003

Quoting Jamie Neil (jamie@versado.net):
> Does anyone know if the the variant sku should be getting stored in the the
> orderline table's sku field? The options field is set to the same value so
> it seems a bit redundant.

It being in the options field is a side-effect.

Remember, *you* control what goes there in etc/log_transaction; so do
what you need done.

You might consider adding a "base_variant" column and putting [item-sku] there;
but you have complete control.

> The reason I ask is that it is breaking my "Best Sellers" component by
> putting the variant sku into the merchandising table instead of the base
> sku. It also makes it harder for products that have options to even reach
> the best seller list because each option is getting totaled separately.

That makes sense, I think. It might make sense to for you to add that field
and search on that instead.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

When the only tool you have is a hammer, all your problems tend to look
like nails.  -- Abraham Maslow