[ic] 4.8.7 - Clicking "Design" now gives 500 error ?

Miguel Navarro interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon May 12 18:06:02 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "DB" <DB@M-and-D.com>
To: <interchange-users@icdevgroup.org>
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2003 12:48 PM
Subject: [ic] 4.8.7 - Clicking "Design" now gives 500 error ?

> I have 4.8.7 using MySQL on Redhat 8. I've made no recent changes and
> the catalog seems to run ok. But if I click the Design tab in the UI I
> now get a Inetrnal Server (Premature end of script headers:
> /home/myuser/cgi-bin/mystore in apache error log)
>
> In the interchange error log I see a line like:
>   page server pid 25379 won't die!
>

> Any ideas what has gone wrong?
>
> DB

Welcome to the 500 club.. It is apparently due to the Perl 5.8.0 RPM that
installs with RedHat 8.0. So you will have to delete Perl and re-install it
via binaries. e.g. rpm -e perl-5.8.0 (gonna have to do a rpm -qa | grep perl
cuase I do not know the exact details). Anyways it will more than likely
baulk at this since most of the applications installed in RedHat 8 require
the Perl compilier. But that is your best route unless someone else wants to
shed some light.

Good luck