[ic] Movin on to question #962642: interch user... :)

Mark Bryant interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue May 13 12:53:00 2003

At 17:36 13/05/2003, you wrote:
>Thanks to the people that is answering my questions.
>I like more and more that I am going the Interchange way as opposite as
>the Miva way.
>Anyway...
>
>One of the final details I need to successfully understand all the pieces
>is interch user.
>What privileges should it have?
>What groups should it belong to so I avoid problems when trying to write
>to directories I installed as "root"?
>
>Can anyone provide me with and "adduser" command that I can just update
>with my local groups in order to work?
>I've been digging for info about the details of creating the interch user
>and haven't found any.

# Create interch user/group if they don't already exist

/usr/sbin/groupadd -g 52 interch 2>/dev/null

/usr/sbin/useradd -u 52 -g interch -c "Interchange server" -s /bin/bash -r
-d /var/lib/interchange interch 2>/dev/null