SV: [ic] Customer Receipt Problems

Kent-Rune K.Sætrum interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue May 13 13:19:00 2003

> > The etc/mail_receipt file contains:
> >
> > [if value email_copy]
> > Sending email copy of order [value mv_order_number] to
> [value email]:
> > [email to="[value email]"
> >         subject="Takk for ordren [value mv_order_number] på kr
> > [scratch sum_eks_mva] eks mva"
> >         from=|"__COMPANY__ - ordrekontor" <__ORDERS_TO__>| ] Hei
> > [value fname]! ...
> > [/if]
> Kent, check two things... I *think you must have your receipt
> declared as a special page in catalog.cfg:
>
> SpecialPage  receipt  ../etc/receipt
>
> Also, if you edited this on a windows box, check and see if
> carriage retuns are messing you up.. actually, check these:
>
> perl -i -p -e 's/\r//g' catalog.cfg
>
> Another thing, I believe it is safer to set the
> mv_order_route in say... profiles.order, but that does not
> affect your problem.

Hi Paul,

Thanks you for your good advices. I changed now to replace all
settings "email" to "mv_username" instead, so that all customers
get the customer mail from mail_receipt. Works best for my company,
as really want all to save the receipt for juridical matters (B-2-B
site).

When I did change this, the mails arrived, but the content in the
Customer mail was empty. (Meaning I have had some setup errors
somewhere). But now it works getting mails to Customers.

To get the content of the Customer mail, I really forgot to include
the

[if value ...]

[/email]
[else]Email copy of order [value mv_order_number] NOT REQUESTED for
[value email].[/else]
[/if]

Check. If I did not include this, there was never any content in the
mail.

Now its all solved. Thank you very much to all people giving me advices.
You are GREAT help!

Regards,
Kent Karlsen - www.datamarked.no