[ic] INET or UNIX mode? How does makecat compile ?link?

Kitepilot Solutions LLC interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri May 16 03:56:01 2003

Hello World...

2 more questions:
As of makecat "Most ISPs would prefer UNIX mode, and it is more secure.",
but as per "Using Interchange with Apache and SUEXEC"
(http://www.icdevgroup.org/i/dev/docfly.html?mv_arg=icfaq12%2e00):
VLINK/UNIX socket mode will not work well unless installed as a normal
user. If supporting multiple users, the TLINK/INET mode must be used.

In my case, I will be running catalogs for several virtual domains but the
user that "owns" IC is interch.
Should I use INET or UNIX mode?
Why?

I am also getting an error when running makecat:
INET or UNIX mode? [UNIX] INET
TCP socket to use? [7786]
Link host? [localhost] copilot.kitepilot.com
./configure: ./config.log: No such file or directory
Couldn't run configure; probably no C compiler.
        Couldn't find the executable file 'tlink'.

        Please give the complete path to the link program.

Link program?

Now, when I run:
[root@copilot interchange]# which bcc
/usr/bin/bcc