[ic] Departments

dzhang-msi interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun May 18 21:04:01 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jamie Neil" <jamie@versado.net>
To: <interchange-users@icdevgroup.org>
Sent: Sunday, May 18, 2003 7:43 PM
Subject: [ic] Departments

> Hi All,
>
> My client has requested that their store be split into departments, with
> each one having it's own "home" page showing dept specific offers etc. The
> number of depts is small (about 6), so I am tempted to just write a static
> page for each one. However the programmer in me wants to write one page
and
> get the content from a database (must be a glutton for punishment).

Could it be something like an intranet? There is an intranet demo at
http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/downloads/demos/index.html

I haven't  looked at that demo though. Just think that an intranet may
involve departments and the code or idea there could be used.

David
http://www.msihosting.com
Expert -- ecommerce, interchange hosting