[ic] is it the right tool?

Ian Riddler interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun May 18 22:17:01 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Elwell" <andrew@elwell.org.uk>
To: <interchange-users@icdevgroup.org>
Sent: Sunday, May 11, 2003 9:35 AM
Subject: [ic] is it the right tool?

> Folks,
>
> I'm currently about to put a 2nd hand bookstore online. At the moment
> each item (book) has a unique stock id.
> (ie we have thousands of "products" but only Qty=1 of each.)
>

> Is Minivend a suitable piece of software for such a job? all the
> searching / lookup will be done off the database anyway - All I really
> need is a flypage and checkout (probably using worldpay)
>
> Many thanks
>
> Andrew

Hi Andrew,
Yes, Interchange works well for this application.
We've done one.

We hit 2 major setbacks.
Firstly, the book stock database was in a 3rd-party database, and we had to
write a custom upload routine.

Secondly, books often fall into multiple categories.
The standard foundation catalog doesn't handle that without some
modifications.
Once you've got those sussed, it's straight-forward.

Cheers,
Ian Riddler