[ic] re: what is help response demonstrates the problem

Phil Smith interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon May 19 14:04:00 2003

[Very snipped]
This is exactly what I was referring to. Bully for you that
you find most of your answers in the archives. So effing what?

I do not give a good g - d  how you feel about "most people",
etc. If you feel this way don't answer the questions; why
waste everyone else's time.
[/snip]

I take offence at your assumption that the this group owes you anything.

You go on about people being Childish and abusive - I think after
reading you ridiculous diatribe, that this is very hypocritical.  You
are more childish and abusive in these messages than anything I have
read before in any mailing list.

You claim to have been working in UNIX since 1978, I would have thought
by now you would have been used to open source communities.  No-one who
responds in this group is being paid to answer your questions - they do
not owe you anything.

If a question is asked which has been asked ad-infinitum then why should
they search the archives for someone, simply pointing out that it is
there should be enough to send them in the right direction.

I have only been using Interchange for a few weeks, and I have found
this mailing list very helpful in all sorts of ways. Reading your
childish rantings only serves to re-enforce my belief that the members
of this group do a very good service.

If you feel you have valid issues with the way that items are posted or
answered in this group, I suggest you contact the moderators and suggest
a change to rules of the group, maybe you could offer some of your time
to research the answers in the archives on behalf of newbies, and they
might not as many 'RTFM' answers.

Finally to quote your message
"Please go away if you are more a nuisance than a help?"

Thanks

Phil