[ic] PGP error - Google

Caleb Groom interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue May 27 10:31:02 2003

I have a recurring problem with PGP errors when Google is crawling my site.
When Google activity is high the credit card emails come across blank.  The
error log reports "PGP failed".

I first had this problem a few months back when I started to maintain this
server (IC installed by somebody else and running for almost a year).  The
mailing list archives suggest setting the server traffic mode to RPC.  I did
that a few months ago but still not luck.  Anybody have a suggestion?

RH 7.2, IC 4.8.3, Apache 1.3.27

The PGP error generates this error in the catalog's tmp directory:

tmp/pgp.MvNu9sCa.15480.err
gpg: WARNING: --honor-http-proxy is a deprecated option.
gpg: please use "--keyserver-options honor-http-proxy" instead
gpg: Warning: using insecure memory!
gpg: please see http://www.gnupg.org/faq.html for more information
gpg: C024D8BD: There is no indication that this key really belongs to the
owner
gpg: cannot open /dev/tty: No such device or address

interchange.cfg:
# Set to "low", "high", or "rpc" to get different server parameters.
#Variable  TRAFFIC  low
# 03/11/2003 - Caleb - changed to 'rpc'.  This should correct
# the problem with PGP emails getting borked when Google bots are
# hammering the system
Variable TRAFFIC rpc

Traffic report:
http://estore.hhhenterprises.com/tmp/google_traffic.png

Typical PGP error:
192.168.0.28 MvNu9sCa:192.168.0.28 - [27/May/2003:08:48:51 -0500] hhhstore
/cgi-bin/hhhstore/process.html PGP failed with status 131072: