[ic] Catalog is not valid...after using database

James P. Kinney III interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue May 27 12:41:01 2003

--=-UARFblRLhPkDXjpu8Q+Y

On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 11:50, Vincent Lee wrote:
> I think I've finally figured the problem with using DB2 and will be
> documenting it soon.
>=20
> When I restart the interchange server, isn't the server supposed to creat=
> the tables upon restart into the database?=20

Only if the catalog.conf file specs to use a database AND there is no
also be a table template file that holds the commands and table
formating that is callable by the startup procedure. I don't know the
full details on that, but it looks like the template directory is called
by the database type listed in the catalog.conf file.

> I don't get any errors from
> interchange but when I look in my database I don't see any tables created=
.

No template to build from so ne error was generated.
>=20
> Further, I get an error that the products database does not exist...Anyon=
> with any thoughts?

IC _must_ have a products table. Since it wasn't built (see above) IC
will error on startup.