[ic] RE:pgp keys & MS outlook setup for pgp keys & taking PayPal payments

Chris interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed May 28 04:05:02 2003

Can you define and explain the best way to get it setup to send the
credit card info via email. I know that you need to have pgp keys, but I
am not sure how to get the public key setup in IC. My IC is hosted, so I
don't have server access, so will need help in the best detail that any
one can give for this. Please act as if I am all new to IC and just
please pass anything you can in plain English.
Plus I am not sure how to get the private key setup in MS Outlook xp.
Does anyone know how to do that as well?

I don't like to keep going on with more questions, but I really need
help badly with getting IC to take PayPal payments along with credit
cards. Any ideas, anyone, please I beg of all of you.

I am hosted at Webhostpalace.com and yes they use Cpanel. But they do
have it all setup that there is no errors with IC. All works great. So
what I am getting at is, I can get to files for some IC files using the
"file manager" in Cpanel.

Any and all help will be very much appreciated to the max, the fullest..

Thank you
Chris

--=-O8pVtMuTgLDF2irF3FyQ

On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 10:49, cjones1030 wrote:
> Is it possible to view customers credit card numbers via the admin
> interface? I have a client that wants to view his clients credit card
> numbers and then enter them in manually through a credit card
processing
> machine. So I'm trying to find the best way to do this. Any ideas.
>=20
My understanding is no. The CC data is encrypted and sent through an
email t5o the order receiving email account.  My client currently has an
email account just for orders and they manually process the billing that
way. Having the CC data stored on the server accessible through a web
interface is a security disaster waiting to happen.