[ic] Loading Perl modules in global tags or subroutines

Interchange User interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed May 28 14:34:00 2003

Hi list,

I am trying to get the [image_size] tag from
http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/downloads/usertags/image_size.usertag
to work on my 4.9.7 installation.  Since it is using Image::Size, I
understand that this needs to be a global tag, so I've put it into a
file called usertag/getimagesize.tag

UserTag 'image_size' code is not a subroutine reference
In line 17 of the configuration file 'usertag/getimagesize.tag':

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong here?

On a related note, can a UserTag's code be called from within another
usertag?  For instance, I would like to use the image_size routine
described above from within another usertag, but I'd rather use it as a
subroutine from within the other tag's Perl code.  Do I need to define
it as a subroutine in that case?  And, if that's the case, can I
declare global subroutines or otherwise give a subroutine access to a
library such as Image::Size?

Thanks in advance,

Peter