[ic] undeletable items

Aaron Hazelton interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri May 30 10:15:01 2003

Hi all,

IC 4.8.3

I am working on a 'quote' retrieval system that allows the quote
info to be added to the current cart, but I dont know how to go
about keeping the quote intact (since the quote may be different
from what is available online and will only be available for a certain
period of time).

I think the easiest way would be to make sure that any items added
from a quote are impossible to delete.  that way, someone could
still purchase extra items and delete those before checking out.

i need some pointers on how to go about this.  It seems like it
would be easy enough to put in some sort of qualifier that all
quote items will have (like a sku w/ "q-.." at the beginning) and
then conditionally allow the 'remove' checkbox based on that.

but then, what about not allowing the quantity to be changed either?
any thoughts on how to detect these items in the cart?

TIA!

--
Aaron Hazelton
Hazenet.net