[ic] Custom Database defaulting to gdbm (Sql-Ledger)

Sam Batschelet batschelet at exactasphere.com
Sat Nov 1 20:31:36 EST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sam Batschelet"
> > Hi List,
> >
> > I have a small database that I am trying to integrate with a 3rd party
> > accounting system (Sql-Ledger).  The scripts seems to be working fine as
> the
> > database is populated but here is my problem its in the wrong format the
> > database is defaulting to .gdbm.
> >
> > So my question is how do I get this database to connect to the pgsql.
> Right
> > now it is defaulting to the default database gdbm so I must be missing a
> > flag somewhere to have the database written to sql instead of dbm,
> shouldn't
> > having the customer.pgsql file setup alleviate that?  Any help on this
> would
> > be great.
>
> Ok I have isolated the problem I think......when I restart intrechange now
> get an error DBI.pm error.  This is after I have removed the customer
> database and I'm trying to get interchange to rebuild it.
> I adjusted my customer.pgsql and combined the sql-ledger database and the
> interchange database so they are the same, and they both use the same user
> and pass.  Now there must be something in here that interchange doesn't
like
> but I can't put a finger on it.

Well slow but sure here I have Interchange aleast reading the headers in the
customer.txt file as well as the customer.pgsql.  But now it won't actually
create the database it just goes through the motions and errors out.  I know
I'm close but if anyone has any pointers it would be great.  The change that
seemed to make things move atleast more than it has was move the EOR to the
end of the catalog.cfg as seen below.  More info to come I'm sure....

NoImport customer
Database customer customer.txt dbi:Pg:dbname=exactasphere
EOR

Configuring catalog ledger...Using PostgreSQL,
DSN=dbi:Pg:dbname=exactasphere...table customer created: create table
customer (
id VARCHAR(35) DEFAULT 'nextval('id'::text)' NOT NULL,
name VARCHAR(35),
addr1 VARCHAR(35),
addr2 VARCHAR(35),
addr3 VARCHAR(35),
addr4 VARCHAR(35),
contact VARCHAR(35),
phone VARCHAR(20),
fax VARCHAR(20),
email TEXT,
notes TEXT,
discount VARCHAR(255),
taxincluded boolean,
creditlimit TEXT DEFAULT '0',
terms SMALLINT DEFAULT '0',
shiptoname VARCHAR(35),
shiptoaddr1 VARCHAR(35),
shiptoaddr2 VARCHAR(35),
shiptoaddr3 VARCHAR(35),
shiptoaddr4 VARCHAR(35),
shiptocontact VARCHAR(20),
shiptophone VARCHAR(20),
shiptofax VARCHAR(20),
shiptoemail TEXT
)

table customer index failed: ERROR:  Relation "customer" does not exist
table 'customer' failed: list_fields execute on customer: ERROR:  Relation
"customer" does not exist at /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm
line 1739.

-Sam