[ic] Question about the NFS bug fixed in 4.99

Joshua Rusch josh at strongwords.org
Mon Nov 3 11:30:37 EST 2003

Hi,

I'm wondering if someone can tell me a little bit more about this bug that
was fixed in the 4.99 release:

* Fix locking of NFS sessions.

I'm launching a site, potentially by the end of the day today, that has
several interchange application servers running, with the catalog residing
on an NFS mount. Being so close to launch, I'm a little wary of upgrading to
4.99 today. I'd prefer to upgrade post launch and have a good day or two of
testing done on a development server first. I'm currently using 4.98.
Perhaps I can find out where the bugfix was made, and apply the bugfix. We
haven't had any problems with our testing so far, but the site will be a
busy one, and if there is a catastrophic bug, I'm sure it will show up very
quickly.

I have LockType set to fcntl in interchange.cfg and SessionType set to NFS
in catalog.cfg...although it seemed like the SessionType directive might be
unnecessary with the LockType set to fcntl.

Josh