[ic] Usertag breaks after Apply Changes

Interchange User interchange at framework.cx
Tue Nov 4 19:59:49 EST 2003

On Nov 4, 2003, at 2:33 PM, Stefan Hornburg wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 11:59:09 -0500
> Interchange User <interchange at framework.cx> wrote:
>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> 	I have a usertag (in catalog.cfg) that does a lot of display work,
>> including a header and making a dynamic navbar on each page of a site.
>> On both my live site (RedHat) and my development server (OS X), when I
>> hit Apply Changes in the admin UI, this usertag no longer works, and I
>> have to restart Interchange to get it back.  It happens on IC 4.9.8
>> and
>> 4.9.9.  Other custom usertags continue to work just fine.  The code is
>> rather long, but I'm including it in case anyone cares to take a look.
>
> Anything in the error logs about that ?
>
> Bye
> 	Racke

	Ah!  I had only checked the catalog error log, and not the Interchange
error log. Indeed - I have a subroutine defined and it gets mad when it
attempts to redefine it.

- - - [04/November/2003:19:56:42 -0500] - - Warning while compiling
UserTag 'fmridc_nav':

 >       Subroutine loadbutton redefined at (eval 687) line 328,
<CONFIG> line 751.

 > In line 751 of the configuration file 'catalog.cfg':

	Can I move that subroutine out and call it from within the usertag to
avoid this?

Thanks,

Peter