[ic] OT: Alternatives to Red Hat-> more questions

Lyn St George lyn at zolotek.net
Thu Nov 6 19:27:39 EST 2003

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 09:33:17 -0800, Paul Jordan wrote:

>I, like Rene, and I think many others simply want to run IC, a sql DB, and an
>MTA. Nothing else very fancy. It would be nice if some (more than one) of the
>devgroup did IC centric hosting. No Cpanel, just barebones tried and tested
>software combinations e.g., LAMP.

In fact a couple of members of the IC dev group do hosting for Interchange, and
so do a few others. My own hosting uses Webmin with a custom module
specially written for Interchange (this module is freely available to anyone who
wants it on http://kiwi.zolotek.net) and other helpful stuff. Other hosting companies
probably do similar things. It has been mentioned several times that a list of
"IC friendly" web hosts would be useful to prospective users, but the problem
is finding someone impartial to put up the list ...

-
Cheers
Lyn St George