[ic] Quanity Discounts and Item variants

Philip S. Hempel pshempel at linuxhardcore.com
Fri Nov 7 16:54:12 EST 2003

Using 4.9 cvs as of yesterday. Debian (unthreaded perl) unstable

I am trying to figure out how to give quantity discounts on an Item that
has matrix options.

Example below
---
We have a beeswax that comes in different colors,

You can choose one of the colors and if you buy 10 of these colors you
will get a discount.

If I purchase the main item without any variant I receive my discount.
If I choose a variant no discount is applied.

---

It would be nice if I could chose a BSD rights type of thing.

Allow me to say something like all variants of this product inherit the
master products information including cost, weight and number of items
in stock or even better a variant of the above, like what of these above
would you like this product to inherit.

It seems that I must be missing something in the matrix options that
allows for a discount after x quantity has been chosen.

While I am on this topic of options and variants, I am  using Mikes .04
demo, when I select from the variants and look around decide to go back
and look at my cart, the widgets are set to the first choice and not the
supposed chosen item (or event the default).

What could be causing reset of the widgets (or where should I start
looking)?

Thanks for your help.

--
Philip S. Hempel