[ic] Errors while creating options for products in admin GUI

Ryan Grace ryan at ryangrace.com
Tue Nov 11 12:57:51 EST 2003

Hi All,

I've searched the archives for mention of this problem, but have come up empty.
I've just moved my functional Interchange site from a development server to a production server.  The process I used to migrate was to install IC on teh new server, do bin/makecat, and then scp the pages/, templates/, html/, and products/ drectories over to the live server form the dev server.  The filesystem paths and d info are the same on the two servers.  The catalog seems to be fully functional when browsing it.

The problem occurs when trying to add options to an item in the admin GUI.  I go to Items->Item List click hte sku of the item I want to edit and then click OPtions in the top navigation to edit its options.  I choose Simple Options then click the Update button and am presented with an error page that says only Error: at the top and no more detail than that.  I am not getting an error message in my main or catalog error logs, nor in my apache error log.

Can anyone think of why this might happen?  I was able to add and remove options from items on my dev server just fine.  I'm really stumped here.  Could there be a file permissions problem?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Ryan Grace