[ic] Re: ICDEVCON interest, on: interchange-users Digest, Vol 5, Issue 5

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Wed Nov 12 12:26:17 EST 2003

Quoting Eric Terry (elterry at multiservice.com):
> I was starting to think that no one was interested.
>
> I have a link where I've posted some ideas on programming, site design,
> awards, and general.
>
> http://www32.brinkster.com/terryweb/icdevcon.html#
>
> Again...any and all input is welcomed.
>

> > I would attend a conference for developers.  However I think a good way
> > to go about this would be to piggy back it on to another conference
> > like Comdex or something like that.  You'd then get developers that would
> > not normally attend interested as well and it may attract outside interest
> > into the project.
>
> Ron that would rock. I like that idea.

I have often thought of putting on a conference. The big problem of
course is funding, and the other problem is time to organize it. 8-) I
don't think anyone wants a half-assed conference; it would be nice to
have some facilities for presentations, demos, and such. The advent of
wireless means it would be quite trivial to provide a network that
allows you to connect to a presentation server with your laptop.

A good companion conference might by YAPC North America, this year
scheduled for scenic Buffalo, NY. I had already planned on going this
year...the benefit for YAPC is the low cost ($85) and probable
availability of additional conference space (summer schedule) at the
University at Buffalo.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.765.647.1295      <mike at perusion.com>

Fast, reliable, cheap.  Pick two and we'll talk.  -- unknown