[ic] Weirdness with discount tag

Joshua Lavin joshua at kingdomdesign.com
Tue Nov 18 10:06:46 EST 2003

On Tuesday, November 18, 2003, at 07:47  AM, Andrew Rich wrote:
[snip]
> Actually I tried the site yesterday and it failed so have just done it
> again
> to make sure I wasn't dreaming.  I didn't reply to the list as I was
> not
> sure of what to suggest.
>
> Today it took longer to reproduce the error but I could get it to
> happen in
> the following way.
>
> From sale page select "Authority Praying" (sku: 1000404) product then
> Add to
> Cart.  From Cart press the Back button the select the Return to Sale
> page
> link from lower right.  Select another product like "Only Men:
> (sku:1000405)
> then Add to Cart.
>
> At this point you are in the Cart and both products look ok.  If you
> change
> the quantity of the first product from 1 to 2 then press recalculate
> the
> pricing changes in a way you don't expect.  i.e. it gets much cheaper
> and
> discount goes up totals are incorrect.
>
> Unfortunately I am unable to help any further but I do like what you
> are
> trying to do!
>
> Andrew Rich

Thanks for the testing, Andrew and Ed.

Yes, Andrew, I can duplicate the same thing as you describe above. Ed,
perhaps you didn't notice that the price changed when the quantity did
(if you reload the sale page)?

I tried it on 3 computers yesterday and never got the price to come out
correctly with a quantity of > 1; it only worked when I used the back
button (never clicking the "return to sale page" link, the "continue
shopping" button, or reloading the URL).

Again, the sale page is:
http://www.shopalert.us/shop_dev/nogreaterjoy.html

Does anyone else that uses discounts have this problem?

Josh