[ic] item-options price=1

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Wed Nov 19 19:55:34 EST 2003

Quoting Bill Carr (bill at worldwideimpact.com):
> IC 4.9.9
>
> [item-options price=1] returns some options even if those options do not
> contain any pricing information.
>
> On a results page I would like to say:
> [either][item-options price=1][or][item-price][/either]
>
> How can I make [item-options price=1] only return something if those
> options have some pricing information? I only want to do this sometimes.
>
> I think I would like something like:
> [item-options price=1 do_not_return_without_prices=1]

You may not know (not many except me probably know, in fact) can create
new Vend::Options types in IC just like you can Vend::Payment types. Just
copy lib/Vend/Options/Simple.pm to lib/Vend/Options/MyOptions.pm, hack
on it (making the package name correct, mostly) then do in catalog.cfg:

	Options MyOptions enable 1

Once that is done, you can set the option_type to MyOptions in
the products table and hack on the display routine all you
want without affecting the normal options.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.765.647.1295      <mike at perusion.com>

Software axiom: Lack of speed kills.